Calories can be lost in the form of heat. There are 2 types of fat cells that can burn stored fat and produce heat, the brown fat cells and white fat cells. Normally, heat is produced throught he brown fat cells - and this is the easy way - the white fat cells act as an alternative.
Ephedra is given to people who want to lose weight, because it increases heat production by stimulating the brown fat cells to burn fats, yet a redent study revealed that heat production by the white fat cells is more efficient in reducing weight on a longer term.
You can read the full details at the given blog link. The blog contains many comments on new scientific findings like:
* Tips to lose weight
* Saturday calories and weight loss
* Persistent calorie count for efficient weight loss
* Flavors in place of calories
* When to count calories after diagnosed as a diabetic
* Counting calories and food diary
Read Best Way To Lose Weight